MeowMS

Holy shit.
 
HomePortalGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Special treat for anyone still lurking here four years after this server died. I un-hid all of the old posts and such for nostalgia purposes. Have fun.

Share | 
 

 GM Debate

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
christofer
GM
GM
avatar

Character : YUMMEH
Guild : Admin
Posts : 444
Join date : 2008-06-12
Age : 23
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:11 pm

Let me just say that if cory wants a "compatible GM team" he needs to play a more active role in the team. In the past, he just lets whatever happen and that's proven not to work.

_________________
FUCK SALT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brass
GM
GM
avatar

Character : Brass
Guild : PastSucks
Posts : 420
Join date : 2009-02-06
Location : Tit, Algeria

PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:27 pm

christofer wrote:
Let me just say that if cory wants a "compatible GM team" he needs to play a more active role in the team. In the past, he just lets whatever happen and that's proven not to work.

or maybe it's because he always picks the same people who care more about their epenis than actually doing what they're supposed to study


_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gypsyleeboy
SUPER FAGGOT
SUPER FAGGOT
avatar

Character : Gypsyleeboy
Posts : 233
Join date : 2009-01-21
Age : 23
Location : Kazkhstan Posts: 1333371337

PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:02 pm

see. no drama pleasee. All gm's should be wiped and put to re-apply along with new people
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bluewaffle.net/
Piie
Pink Been
Pink Been
avatar

Character : Piie
Posts : 442
Join date : 2008-06-30
Age : 25
Location : On A Chair Playing MeowMs

PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:05 pm

It wasn't the GM's fault who caused this drama.
It was this server being wayyy to social.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gypsyleeboy
SUPER FAGGOT
SUPER FAGGOT
avatar

Character : Gypsyleeboy
Posts : 233
Join date : 2009-01-21
Age : 23
Location : Kazkhstan Posts: 1333371337

PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:27 pm

Piie wrote:
It wasn't the GM's fault who caused this drama.
It was this server being wayyy to social.

Well i think by talking about it only makes drama about old drama so drop it.
I Do think that there should be a GM wipe.
As for most GM's have lost interest in actually doing they're job, most haven't probably played Maplestory in a while. And which i think they should re-apply
"To show that they're Still experienced, And actually want to even BE a gm"
Most GM's don't feel like doing the GM's job because of boredom, Which I've seen a lot of complaints about here.

Thus! My point.
old GM's Might not be capable/even want to be a GM, Other than having the powers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bluewaffle.net/
christofer
GM
GM
avatar

Character : YUMMEH
Guild : Admin
Posts : 444
Join date : 2008-06-12
Age : 23
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:52 pm

Brass wrote:
christofer wrote:
Let me just say that if cory wants a "compatible GM team" he needs to play a more active role in the team. In the past, he just lets whatever happen and that's proven not to work.

or maybe it's because he always picks the same people who care more about their epenis than actually doing what they're supposed to study


please explain how you are in a position to make that comment, i'd love to hear!

_________________
FUCK SALT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brass
GM
GM
avatar

Character : Brass
Guild : PastSucks
Posts : 420
Join date : 2009-02-06
Location : Tit, Algeria

PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:27 am

christofer wrote:
Brass wrote:
christofer wrote:
Let me just say that if cory wants a "compatible GM team" he needs to play a more active role in the team. In the past, he just lets whatever happen and that's proven not to work.

or maybe it's because he always picks the same people who care more about their epenis than actually doing what they're supposed to study


please explain how you are in a position to make that comment, i'd love to hear!

Explain how I'm not?
I'm sick of the argument that you are all a thousand years old and know best, from when I played nobody got shit done. Since I joined the GM team has been more or less the same people (which as we all know didn't work). Is there anybody who isn't "in a position" to say this?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Piie
Pink Been
Pink Been
avatar

Character : Piie
Posts : 442
Join date : 2008-06-30
Age : 25
Location : On A Chair Playing MeowMs

PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:14 am

Brass wrote:
when I played nobody got shit done
Explain to me when you say "nobody got shit done"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
christofer
GM
GM
avatar

Character : YUMMEH
Guild : Admin
Posts : 444
Join date : 2008-06-12
Age : 23
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:40 am

Brass wrote:
christofer wrote:
Brass wrote:
christofer wrote:
Let me just say that if cory wants a "compatible GM team" he needs to play a more active role in the team. In the past, he just lets whatever happen and that's proven not to work.

or maybe it's because he always picks the same people who care more about their epenis than actually doing what they're supposed to study


please explain how you are in a position to make that comment, i'd love to hear!

Explain how I'm not?
I'm sick of the argument that you are all a thousand years old and know best, from when I played nobody got shit done. Since I joined the GM team has been more or less the same people (which as we all know didn't work). Is there anybody who isn't "in a position" to say this?

Yes, obviously I've got more experience as a GM than you in this server but that argument is weak, so let's discard that. Throughout my time as a GM, I've been apart of a great TEAM of people that at least make an attempt to work together to maintain the server without too much incidence. For example, I've apparently done a lot more than you realize. I banned over 200 hackers (which is a fairly respectable number), played a center role in removing the 3 worst fucking GMs ever, and at least made an attempt to try to get all the GMs on the same page and working together, among other things. Collectively, I think all the GMs have banned like 400 hackers or something, and for the most part we've been able to effectively keep the server under control while still providing an entertaining atmosphere.

Yeah, we've all had our fair share of drama but, going back to my previous point, that's because we all had conflicting ideas of how things should be done. With practically no authority figure above us (Cory was too busy maintaining the sever to realize this I think) we all thought that we were always right and didn't have much room for criticism (what you were so maturely referring to as our "epenises"). This was temporarily solved with the introduction of the "head GM", which was the person who would pretty much be the boss of all the other GMs. This eventually failed again due to little intervention from Cory.

Your accusation that we "got nothing done" is pretty much ridiculous. In the more recent version of the server, there have been few hackers, which diminished our importance there. The community all knew and respected each other pretty much, and while there were minor fights obviously, none of them escalated to the point that it needed intervention from a GM, there weren't many new and innovative options for new events, and so the GM's importance dwindled. In essence, the server was running itself. You haven't really had to experience any ACTUAL workload where you would have to constantly be online banning hackers, helping rollbacked players, doing events, refereeing fights, etc etc.

Your claim that the GM team "didn't work" really can't be backed up because as I recall, the worst we did was fight with each other due to lack of leadership, which is bound to happen eventually. There was no destruction of the server, no GM going out and mass banning everyone then intentionally crashing the server. Also, don't take this the wrong way. This is not intended to slam cory or something, just constructive criticism, and outright telling you why GMs never get along and how to fix it.

_________________
FUCK SALT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brass
GM
GM
avatar

Character : Brass
Guild : PastSucks
Posts : 420
Join date : 2009-02-06
Location : Tit, Algeria

PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:07 am

As we know by now you have been here longer than me and I can only report back on what I've seen. Since I got here, especially in the more recent two comebacks MMS has had tons of hackers that rarely were dealt with in a timely manner. I don't really understand your saying there haven't been (very many hackers in recent revisions), I don't even think you ever logged into the most recent versions and if you did definitely not for much time. Server has been a free for all for plenty of time and all in all I just want to play MMS free of all the BS I hate. And I'm not saying who is and who isn't capable but picking the same team over and over again is not going to work.

I appreciate this not being name-calling and more of a debate also

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
christofer
GM
GM
avatar

Character : YUMMEH
Guild : Admin
Posts : 444
Join date : 2008-06-12
Age : 23
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:24 am

I'm not sure if you were here in summer of '08 or not, but just to get you an idea of how many hackers there were, I had over 150 bans by myself over the course of about a month. Looking at more recent versions of MeowMS that used a higher version source, there were considerably less hackers (I applied the same effort to catching them in the summer of '09 and I had like 10 bans). Yeah, some hackers will always slip through and get to higher levels, you can't help that. Shit happens, you catch them eventually. I would look at the list of online people, look at any names I didn't recognize, and follow them in hide to see if they were hacking. I would check up on names I'd recognize, and I'd go through the entire list every single time I was on. I would thoroughly check every single player that was online, so pretty much at any point I was online you could be 99% sure there were no hackers online. Towards the end (when I quit) I did become inactive because I was frankly pissed off at the blatant lack of regard Cory had for hiring GMs. This may have been when you saw an influx of hackers, I really don't know. Most likely though, the "many hackers" you saw were most likely eventually banned, because trust me, I didn't fuck around with that.

I was extremely active in every version up until I quit (7 hours per day I'd say). Immediately after I quit, you were appointed as GM I believe. The lack of leadership was getting to me and then the last straw was Cory telling me that I wasn't allowed to IP ban hackers. Apparently he thought that more hackers = more players (???)

From what I understand, though, you were a good GM and I think more time as a GM for you would be good for you and the server imo.

_________________
FUCK SALT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Piie
Pink Been
Pink Been
avatar

Character : Piie
Posts : 442
Join date : 2008-06-30
Age : 25
Location : On A Chair Playing MeowMs

PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:13 pm

Ev0lutionboy wrote:
Brass for GM. Nobody likes having an asshole for a GM, am i right?
I dont see why you guys have something against Chris.
He's just saying his thoughs. That doesn't make him an asshole.
GTFOH(:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ev0lutionboy
Pimp
Pimp


Character : n/a
Posts : 41
Join date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:18 pm

Piie wrote:
Ev0lutionboy wrote:
Brass for GM. Nobody likes having an asshole for a GM, am i right?
I dont see why you guys have something against Chris.
He's just saying his thoughs. That doesn't make him an asshole.
GTFOH(:

Stay out of this JoJo.
People doesn't have something against one person for no reason. I never liked Chris, everytime he doesn't get his way, he cries like a fucking baby.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Piie
Pink Been
Pink Been
avatar

Character : Piie
Posts : 442
Join date : 2008-06-30
Age : 25
Location : On A Chair Playing MeowMs

PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:14 pm

And your apart of this because?
How should I stay out of this. This is a thread -_-"
Still, Chris made this server hacker free and what not.
So is he still being and asshole for having this server with no hackers?
I think not.


Last edited by Piie on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gypsyleeboy
SUPER FAGGOT
SUPER FAGGOT
avatar

Character : Gypsyleeboy
Posts : 233
Join date : 2009-01-21
Age : 23
Location : Kazkhstan Posts: 1333371337

PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:35 pm

Why can't we be friends
Oh why can't be Friends

Please drop this convo
OR ELSE! U must watch the video

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bluewaffle.net/
christofer
GM
GM
avatar

Character : YUMMEH
Guild : Admin
Posts : 444
Join date : 2008-06-12
Age : 23
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:41 pm

Ev0lutionboy wrote:
Piie wrote:
Ev0lutionboy wrote:
Brass for GM. Nobody likes having an asshole for a GM, am i right?
I dont see why you guys have something against Chris.
He's just saying his thoughs. That doesn't make him an asshole.
GTFOH(:

Stay out of this JoJo.
People doesn't have something against one person for no reason. I never liked Chris, everytime he doesn't get his way, he cries like a fucking baby.

Whether you like me or not, without my "crying like a baby" you'd still have iPod, Fang, and Wickedsage as GMs. Oh, what a great thought!

Considering you clearly have no idea what actually went on in the past, I'll fill you in.

In the earlier version of MeowMS, the GM team was myself, iPod, Fang, WickedSage, and Element. iPod was notorious for breaking every single rule GMs had put in place. He would give out items to everyone (my first day I joined the server he gave our whole guild horntail necklaces, which was a big deal back then), he would level people up, and would break other obvious rules. He was completely loved by the community because he was nice to people and gave them whatever they wanted. People didn't seem to mind he was ruining the server, but that's to be expected as I've learned. After EXTENSIVE advocation and SOLID PROOF (seen here : http://forum.meowms.net/meowms-f1/ipawd-banned-t474.htm ) for his removal from Element and I, Cory FINALLY, removed iPod as a GM. Naturally, I was depicted as the "bad guy" and an "asshole" for my troubles, and got the standard accusations of being "power hungry" and whatnot.

Then came Fang. Fang was the fantastic GM who would not cooperate with any of us, refused to work together with us, did whatever he wanted, came on and shit sometimes when he felt like it, and basically fucked everything up. Also, he would give random people GM scrolled items! Of course, the community all LOVED him! After unsuccessfully trying to get Cory to remove him, citing these issues, he still wouldn't. Fully knowing that he's a horrible GM, AND I QUOTE, he "didn't have the heart" to remove bad GMs. So I provided solid, unarguable proof of him giving away GM scrolled items (which can actually be viewed here : http://forum.meowms.net/meowms-f1/blocked-t471.htm ) Again, for my troubles, I was met with harsh criticism, blah blah blah.

Wickedsage, DEFINITELY the most annoying of the 3 (he didn't think he was doing anything wrong LOL), would not cooperate with anyone, would publicly insult the rest of the team, would act completely childish all the time, and had a non-GM character with fully GM scrolled GM equips and would train select people at zakum.WHAT A GREAT GM, WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THIS, THE COMMUNITY WOULD LOVE ME! For the third time, I was directly involved in getting him removed, blah blah blah, and I was again labeled as a dick, yadda yadda.

Point is, I know what I'm doing. Being an "asshole" as you put it was all necessary. You can not like me all you want, but saying that I don't belong as a GM because of it is totally ridiculous. Right now, I don't even want to be a GM anyways. Unless there are changes in how the GM team will be led, it's going to stay that way, too. I'm tired of having the GM team fall apart all the time when it can be easily prevented.

Ladon wrote:
You know what, EDIT: I don't care really what anyone things, and you all probaly don't realize this and won't till you sort of have a revalation like me, but I know that this server would not be as good as it is without Chris being a GM,honestly, you can not tell me that the others are as good as him. I have no beef with any of the other GMs in fact, I consider iPod a good person, but sometimes someone we needs to lay down the law, and I personally believe the other GMs can't. Theres a reason Cory said he is head GM, because he does what the others can't, and that is be cold hearted when he needs to be. So everyone please just back off.

^


_________________
FUCK SALT


Last edited by christofer on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Piie
Pink Been
Pink Been
avatar

Character : Piie
Posts : 442
Join date : 2008-06-30
Age : 25
Location : On A Chair Playing MeowMs

PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:00 pm

Finally! That's the post that we needed to explain how your not an asshole.
Good Job on that post Chris.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
christofer
GM
GM
avatar

Character : YUMMEH
Guild : Admin
Posts : 444
Join date : 2008-06-12
Age : 23
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:02 pm

Piie wrote:
Finally! That's the post that we needed to explain how your not an asshole.
Good Job on that post Chris.

On the contrary, I think I can be an asshole (when it's needed), but it's all justified and its not just because I like picking on people over the internet.

_________________
FUCK SALT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trick
Whore
Whore
avatar

Character : Trick
Posts : 64
Join date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:02 pm

/thread to avoid more drama?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Piie
Pink Been
Pink Been
avatar

Character : Piie
Posts : 442
Join date : 2008-06-30
Age : 25
Location : On A Chair Playing MeowMs

PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:03 pm

Everyone's an asshole on the internet, Honestly.
Cuhz It's the internet who gives a fukc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
christofer
GM
GM
avatar

Character : YUMMEH
Guild : Admin
Posts : 444
Join date : 2008-06-12
Age : 23
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:06 pm

Trick wrote:
/thread to avoid more drama?

This isn't even drama. We aren't fighting we're debating the issue. This was intended to be a discussion about why the GMs have not worked together well in the past and how it can change.

_________________
FUCK SALT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trick
Whore
Whore
avatar

Character : Trick
Posts : 64
Join date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:47 pm

christofer wrote:
Trick wrote:
/thread to avoid more drama?

This isn't even drama. We aren't fighting we're debating the issue. This was intended to be a discussion about why the GMs have not worked together well in the past and how it can change.

seemed more like an argument
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brass
GM
GM
avatar

Character : Brass
Guild : PastSucks
Posts : 420
Join date : 2009-02-06
Location : Tit, Algeria

PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:31 am

Every time there's a disagreement, debate, or argument somebody has to bring up "drama"

www.dictionary.com

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trick
Whore
Whore
avatar

Character : Trick
Posts : 64
Join date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:34 am

Brass wrote:
Every time there's a disagreement, debate, or argument somebody has to bring up "drama"

www.dictionary.com

isnt that how it usually starts? o.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gypsyleeboy
SUPER FAGGOT
SUPER FAGGOT
avatar

Character : Gypsyleeboy
Posts : 233
Join date : 2009-01-21
Age : 23
Location : Kazkhstan Posts: 1333371337

PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:57 am

Okay point set by chris

I see no more reason to keep discussing this.
I would like to ask, Since when did anyone care if someones being a ass through a computer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bluewaffle.net/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   

Back to top Go down
 
GM Debate
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» JV - Varsity debate
» *IMPORTANT!* Debate Forum Rules!
» Barrows armor worth it?
» First 2000pt. List Please read and give opinions
» GT Pro vs GT Am Debate

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MeowMS :: Archive :: Archives :: Archive-
Jump to: