MeowMS

Holy shit.
 
HomePortalGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Special treat for anyone still lurking here four years after this server died. I un-hid all of the old posts and such for nostalgia purposes. Have fun.

Share | 
 

 MeowMS ~ Returning soon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
christofer
GM
GM
avatar

Character : YUMMEH
Guild : Admin
Posts : 444
Join date : 2008-06-12
Age : 23
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: MeowMS ~ Returning soon   Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:05 pm

Element wrote:
christofer wrote:
The cracked client Meow needed has been released this morning. Now they just need to fix a login error and we'll be ready to go (i think)

Well the Login error is an easy fix for those crazy codders. I've been talkin to Cory these passed couple hours and we have some big things in store for this server. Smile

Chris, can I have your MSN? PM me it.

-Korea.

It's in my profile. It's christopherjacobson@hotmail.com

_________________
FUCK SALT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ultrapiggy
Pink Been
Pink Been
avatar

Character : n/a
Posts : 364
Join date : 2008-08-14
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere east of Pittsburgh.

PostSubject: Re: MeowMS ~ Returning soon   Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:58 pm

christofer wrote:
CompyMasaX wrote:
Can't wait until it's up Very Happy
Whole time I've been playing Combat Arms. It's actually pretty good, much better than what you'd expect from Nexon. Just as long as you like first-person shooters.

Or you could buy counter strike, which is infinitely better, for like 10 dollars.
Hah, my friend illegally used his father's credit card to buy a game on Steam and gifted TF2 to me, an I didn't know, so they took away all my games... I loved CSS... D: Now all I have is the TF2 I re-bought.




ANYWAY... Glad to see that there's stuff begin planned for the new server. I can't wait to see what this... stuff... is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digibutter.nerr.biz
christofer
GM
GM
avatar

Character : YUMMEH
Guild : Admin
Posts : 444
Join date : 2008-06-12
Age : 23
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: MeowMS ~ Returning soon   Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:45 pm

ultrapiggy wrote:
christofer wrote:
CompyMasaX wrote:
Can't wait until it's up Very Happy
Whole time I've been playing Combat Arms. It's actually pretty good, much better than what you'd expect from Nexon. Just as long as you like first-person shooters.

Or you could buy counter strike, which is infinitely better, for like 10 dollars.
Hah, my friend illegally used his father's credit card to buy a game on Steam and gifted TF2 to me, an I didn't know, so they took away all my games... I loved CSS... D: Now all I have is the TF2 I re-bought.




ANYWAY... Glad to see that there's stuff begin planned for the new server. I can't wait to see what this... stuff... is.

I also play TF2 sometimes, we should play some time when I'm at my mom's house.

BACK ON TOPIC, how does everyone feel about the FM bosses, should they be nerfed?

_________________
FUCK SALT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ultrapiggy
Pink Been
Pink Been
avatar

Character : n/a
Posts : 364
Join date : 2008-08-14
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere east of Pittsburgh.

PostSubject: Re: MeowMS ~ Returning soon   Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:51 pm

christofer wrote:
I also play TF2 sometimes, we should play some time when I'm at my mom's house.

BACK ON TOPIC, how does everyone feel about the FM bosses, should they be nerfed?
(I'm always up for a game. My Steam ID is UltraPiggy.)

I don't think they should be nerfed, and if they are, they better give out less EXP, because nerfing them and having them give out full EXP is just begging for people to spam it up to level really fast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digibutter.nerr.biz
christofer
GM
GM
avatar

Character : YUMMEH
Guild : Admin
Posts : 444
Join date : 2008-06-12
Age : 23
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: MeowMS ~ Returning soon   Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:22 pm

Okay, well here's my problem with them.

Back when MeowMS was up, people completely abandoned all training spots other than the FM. Not even kidding, I never saw anyone training anywhere other than the FM. Don't you see the problem with that? Also, bossing should not be equal to training. Bossing is supposed to be a challenge which is rewarded with items. That's why people in Global and whatnot boss, either to just have some fun with a challenge or to hunt for some kind of item.

Now that we're going to have a server that's supposed to be challenge, there should NOT be a Zakum arm that spawns almost immediately after its death. In my opinion, the bosses in the FM should be completely removed. The empty rooms could be replaced with monsters.

We could put low-high level mobs in the rooms, the mobs of course increasing in level as the room increases. In room 1 we could have a good spawn of mushrooms, red snails, pigs, etc. In 2 we could have boars, fire boars, and iron pigs. All of the bottom 6 rooms could have monsters, which should be implemented carefully as to not make the FM the primary place of training.

If bosses ARE in the FM, they need to have a high respawn time. Every hour or something.


That's my problem with it, I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from, so what should we do about this?

_________________
FUCK SALT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ultrapiggy
Pink Been
Pink Been
avatar

Character : n/a
Posts : 364
Join date : 2008-08-14
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere east of Pittsburgh.

PostSubject: Re: MeowMS ~ Returning soon   Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:41 pm

I see exactly where you're coming from.

Only the idea of having all those mobs in the FM would indeed make it a VERY popular training spot.

I'd say have them spawn in very spaced out intervals. As for the boss issue, maybe there could be a boss at the end of each row.

Or... We could just save the FM rooms for events and ditch any ideas about mobs or bosses or anything to prevent the people we don't want there... you know... lurking and harvesting EXP like there's no tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digibutter.nerr.biz
christofer
GM
GM
avatar

Character : YUMMEH
Guild : Admin
Posts : 444
Join date : 2008-06-12
Age : 23
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: MeowMS ~ Returning soon   Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:45 pm

ultrapiggy wrote:
I see exactly where you're coming from.

Only the idea of having all those mobs in the FM would indeed make it a VERY popular training spot.

I'd say have them spawn in very spaced out intervals. As for the boss issue, maybe there could be a boss at the end of each row.

Or... We could just save the FM rooms for events and ditch any ideas about mobs or bosses or anything to prevent the people we don't want there... you know... lurking and harvesting EXP like there's no tomorrow.

Well, having nothing in the rooms imo would be best, but if we do HAVE to put something in there it should be mobs.

_________________
FUCK SALT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ultrapiggy
Pink Been
Pink Been
avatar

Character : n/a
Posts : 364
Join date : 2008-08-14
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere east of Pittsburgh.

PostSubject: Re: MeowMS ~ Returning soon   Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:49 pm

christofer wrote:
ultrapiggy wrote:
I see exactly where you're coming from.

Only the idea of having all those mobs in the FM would indeed make it a VERY popular training spot.

I'd say have them spawn in very spaced out intervals. As for the boss issue, maybe there could be a boss at the end of each row.

Or... We could just save the FM rooms for events and ditch any ideas about mobs or bosses or anything to prevent the people we don't want there... you know... lurking and harvesting EXP like there's no tomorrow.

Well, having nothing in the rooms imo would be best, but if we do HAVE to put something in there it should be mobs.
And if there ARE mobs, make them give out little to no EXP. I'd want to see players (and myself) traversing the world, fighting through the way they should be, and gaining levels without spamming an area like the FM.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digibutter.nerr.biz
christofer
GM
GM
avatar

Character : YUMMEH
Guild : Admin
Posts : 444
Join date : 2008-06-12
Age : 23
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: MeowMS ~ Returning soon   Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:54 pm

ultrapiggy wrote:
and if there ARE mobs, make them give out little to no EXP. I'd want to see players (and myself) traversing the world, fighting through the way they should be, and gaining levels without spamming an area like the FM.

And I, as a GM, don't want to, every time I want to see if someone is hacking or something, hear that goddamn Henesys music every time I warp to someone (It gets very annoying)

_________________
FUCK SALT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
octogonapus
Ergoth
Ergoth
avatar

Character : n/a
Posts : 140
Join date : 2008-07-05
Location : Stuck in your closet...

PostSubject: Re: MeowMS ~ Returning soon   Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:01 pm

I say no to the FM bosses/mobs. It just got boring having the place filled with people, so many people that it was almost impossible to train unless you had rebirthed like 5 times. So again, i say no to the FM bosses/mobs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ultrapiggy
Pink Been
Pink Been
avatar

Character : n/a
Posts : 364
Join date : 2008-08-14
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere east of Pittsburgh.

PostSubject: Re: MeowMS ~ Returning soon   Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:03 pm

christofer wrote:
ultrapiggy wrote:
and if there ARE mobs, make them give out little to no EXP. I'd want to see players (and myself) traversing the world, fighting through the way they should be, and gaining levels without spamming an area like the FM.

And I, as a GM, don't want to, every time I want to see if someone is hacking or something, hear that goddamn Henesys music every time I warp to someone (It gets very annoying)
Oh, yes.

Henesys music got very annoying...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digibutter.nerr.biz
octogonapus
Ergoth
Ergoth
avatar

Character : n/a
Posts : 140
Join date : 2008-07-05
Location : Stuck in your closet...

PostSubject: Re: MeowMS ~ Returning soon   Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:18 pm

ultrapiggy wrote:
christofer wrote:
ultrapiggy wrote:
and if there ARE mobs, make them give out little to no EXP. I'd want to see players (and myself) traversing the world, fighting through the way they should be, and gaining levels without spamming an area like the FM.

And I, as a GM, don't want to, every time I want to see if someone is hacking or something, hear that goddamn Henesys music every time I warp to someone (It gets very annoying)
Oh, yes.

Henesys music got very annoying...
yeah but it was nice to change the music if you were gonna be there a while.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ultrapiggy
Pink Been
Pink Been
avatar

Character : n/a
Posts : 364
Join date : 2008-08-14
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere east of Pittsburgh.

PostSubject: Re: MeowMS ~ Returning soon   Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:20 pm

octogonapus wrote:
ultrapiggy wrote:
christofer wrote:
ultrapiggy wrote:
and if there ARE mobs, make them give out little to no EXP. I'd want to see players (and myself) traversing the world, fighting through the way they should be, and gaining levels without spamming an area like the FM.

And I, as a GM, don't want to, every time I want to see if someone is hacking or something, hear that goddamn Henesys music every time I warp to someone (It gets very annoying)
Oh, yes.

Henesys music got very annoying...
yeah but it was nice to change the music if you were gonna be there a while.
Trueness, trueness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digibutter.nerr.biz
octogonapus
Ergoth
Ergoth
avatar

Character : n/a
Posts : 140
Join date : 2008-07-05
Location : Stuck in your closet...

PostSubject: Re: MeowMS ~ Returning soon   Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:14 pm

I hope that the FM will get put to real use... it used to have nobody in it. It was just a place to kill Eliza.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ultrapiggy
Pink Been
Pink Been
avatar

Character : n/a
Posts : 364
Join date : 2008-08-14
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere east of Pittsburgh.

PostSubject: Re: MeowMS ~ Returning soon   Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:24 pm

octogonapus wrote:
I hope that the FM will get put to real use... it used to have nobody in it. It was just a place to kill Eliza.
I want the NX NPCs to be there, it's less stressful that way...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digibutter.nerr.biz
christofer
GM
GM
avatar

Character : YUMMEH
Guild : Admin
Posts : 444
Join date : 2008-06-12
Age : 23
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: MeowMS ~ Returning soon   Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:06 pm

ultrapiggy wrote:
octogonapus wrote:
I hope that the FM will get put to real use... it used to have nobody in it. It was just a place to kill Eliza.
I want the NX NPCs to be there, it's less stressful that way...

What are the NX NPCs?

_________________
FUCK SALT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ultrapiggy
Pink Been
Pink Been
avatar

Character : n/a
Posts : 364
Join date : 2008-08-14
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere east of Pittsburgh.

PostSubject: Re: MeowMS ~ Returning soon   Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:19 pm

christofer wrote:
ultrapiggy wrote:
octogonapus wrote:
I hope that the FM will get put to real use... it used to have nobody in it. It was just a place to kill Eliza.
I want the NX NPCs to be there, it's less stressful that way...

What are the NX NPCs?
Hmmm... maybe this was only from when I played MeowMS in its first life...

In the FM there were a bunch of people that sold NX items for like... millions of Mesos and such. I liked it because it made the NX items readily available, but only to those with enough moolah.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digibutter.nerr.biz
christofer
GM
GM
avatar

Character : YUMMEH
Guild : Admin
Posts : 444
Join date : 2008-06-12
Age : 23
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: MeowMS ~ Returning soon   Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:26 pm

ultrapiggy wrote:
christofer wrote:
ultrapiggy wrote:
octogonapus wrote:
I hope that the FM will get put to real use... it used to have nobody in it. It was just a place to kill Eliza.
I want the NX NPCs to be there, it's less stressful that way...

What are the NX NPCs?
Hmmm... maybe this was only from when I played MeowMS in its first life...

In the FM there were a bunch of people that sold NX items for like... millions of Mesos and such. I liked it because it made the NX items readily available, but only to those with enough moolah.

Cody did that before the server shut down.

_________________
FUCK SALT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ultrapiggy
Pink Been
Pink Been
avatar

Character : n/a
Posts : 364
Join date : 2008-08-14
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere east of Pittsburgh.

PostSubject: Re: MeowMS ~ Returning soon   Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:29 pm

christofer wrote:
ultrapiggy wrote:
christofer wrote:
ultrapiggy wrote:
octogonapus wrote:
I hope that the FM will get put to real use... it used to have nobody in it. It was just a place to kill Eliza.
I want the NX NPCs to be there, it's less stressful that way...

What are the NX NPCs?
Hmmm... maybe this was only from when I played MeowMS in its first life...

In the FM there were a bunch of people that sold NX items for like... millions of Mesos and such. I liked it because it made the NX items readily available, but only to those with enough moolah.

Cody did that before the server shut down.
Ah, well, they were always there when I played.

It would be neat if they were there from the start, considering the Meso rate is considerably lower.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digibutter.nerr.biz
zoravette1
Playa
Playa


Character : n/a
Posts : 21
Join date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: MeowMS ~ Returning soon   Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:15 pm

Bosses should only spawn where they are suppose to, with each of the items required to summon have a time limit one each person. Pianus timer can be like 2-3 hours. We should be able to easily get to and verse bosses but give a timer on how much we can verse them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ultrapiggy
Pink Been
Pink Been
avatar

Character : n/a
Posts : 364
Join date : 2008-08-14
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere east of Pittsburgh.

PostSubject: Re: MeowMS ~ Returning soon   Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:41 pm

zoravette1 wrote:
Bosses should only spawn where they are suppose to, with each of the items required to summon have a time limit one each person. Pianus timer can be like 2-3 hours. We should be able to easily get to and verse bosses but give a timer on how much we can verse them
While I think bosses should be slightly easier to access, I can agree with what you're saying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digibutter.nerr.biz
octogonapus
Ergoth
Ergoth
avatar

Character : n/a
Posts : 140
Join date : 2008-07-05
Location : Stuck in your closet...

PostSubject: Re: MeowMS ~ Returning soon   Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:26 pm

zoravette1 wrote:
Bosses should only spawn where they are suppose to, with each of the items required to summon have a time limit one each person. Pianus timer can be like 2-3 hours. We should be able to easily get to and verse bosses but give a timer on how much we can verse them
I only half agree. While i agree with the part that there should be a timer, i dont like the on each person thing. I think that it should be overall. Also i think the timer should be shortened slightly because with the harder leveling comes harder training and so bosses would be helpful but the time is a good idea but this would ruin the point of lower rates even though there is still a timer. I DO like the rates being low, because i do like how it actually takes effort on the normal Maplestory but i do NOT like how much effort it takes which that problem will be eliminated with the 30x exp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ultrapiggy
Pink Been
Pink Been
avatar

Character : n/a
Posts : 364
Join date : 2008-08-14
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere east of Pittsburgh.

PostSubject: Re: MeowMS ~ Returning soon   Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:27 am

Octagonapus, you seem to have a good point there. I agree with that fully.

I wonder if the bugs have been worked out of the new source code?? I'm like... shitting myself in anticipation. D:
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digibutter.nerr.biz
OMGitzJOSH
Pimp
Pimp
avatar

Character : n/a
Posts : 55
Join date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: MeowMS ~ Returning soon   Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:04 am

i would quit but since i love meowms so much ill stay even though i quit 2 weaks b4 you shut it but i play once in a while during the rest of the summer but inm winter ill play alot more often and ill be fraping : ) :affraid:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ultrapiggy
Pink Been
Pink Been
avatar

Character : n/a
Posts : 364
Join date : 2008-08-14
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere east of Pittsburgh.

PostSubject: Re: MeowMS ~ Returning soon   Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:52 am

It's hard to resist the tempting aroma of MeowMS...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digibutter.nerr.biz
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: MeowMS ~ Returning soon   

Back to top Go down
 
MeowMS ~ Returning soon
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Returning to chaotic
» Returning to NWN
» Returning Fallout 3 Characters?
» Returning to 40K
» Bring back river!....and some others

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MeowMS :: Archive :: Archives :: Old Forums :: Ellinia :: Post Hell-
Jump to: